You have probably tried some of these before – sending out traditional greeting cards, creating handmade notes or even buying a bouquet of roses for your loved ones. This Valentines, make your loved ones feel much more “special” by cooking up something from the heart – while also celebrating it in style right in the comfort of your own home.
Glad, with the help of Chef James Antolin, vice president of the Pastry Alliance of the Philippines, helps you celebrate the love month with two unique recipes. These pastries may easily be prepared with the aid of Glad Cook ‘n’ Bake — a versatile cooking partner you can use not just for baking but also for other cooking methods such as frying, steaming, boiling and grilling. An indispensable kitchen helper, its non-stick coating eliminates the need for greasing and makes it better than wax paper since it doesn’t leave a “waxy” after-taste.
Chef Antolin, in fact, attests that Glad Cook ‘n’ Bake is so easy to use, “I never had to spend time greasing them; I also never had problems with products sticking.” He goes on to share the following recipes to help you get set for this romantic holiday:
Espresso Chocolate Chips Cookies
- 2 cups Bittersweet chocolate
- ½ cup Butter
- 4 pcs Eggs
- 1 ½ c Sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp Instant Espresso powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 cups Choco Chips
- 4 cups Walnuts, chopped
- Melt chocolate and butter. Set aside.
- Sift together the dry ingredients using fine sifter and Glad Cook n’ Bake paper.
- Paddle the eggs and sugar until white and fluffy. Then, add vanilla and espresso powder.
- Add the chocolate/butter mixture, mix only to combine.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped walnut.
- Line the sheet tray with Glad Cook n’ Bake paper.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop batter to the lined sheet tray.
- Bake at 350°F for 7 to 10 minutes.
Yield: 20 pcs
Pavlova with Seasonal Berries
- 3 pcs Egg whites
- ½ cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Caster Sugar
- 1 ¼ cups Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Kiwi
- ½ cup Strawberries
- ½ cup Blueberries
- Whip egg whites until soft peaks. Gradually add the 125g caster sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Mix the white wine vinegar with cornstarch and 50g caster sugar. Fold into the egg white mixture.
- Shape into a nest of about 5cm in a sheet tray lined with Glad Cook n’ Bake paper.
- Bake at 150oC/300oF for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and leave the meringue to dry out and cool.
- Whip cream until stiff peak form.
- Fill shell with whipped cram no earlier than 1 hour before service. Garnish with fresh fruits.
Yield: 4 to 5 pieces.