1 tablespoon of rock salt
1 tablespoon Pernod or 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon cumin
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon of salt
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- In a food processor, place dried herbs, garlic, pernod, olive oil, spices, juice and honey. Process until it becomes a paste-like mixture.
- With a knife, make a criss-cross pattern on the skin of the pork, avoiding to cut through the meat. Pour boiling water over pork and then dry completely using a kitchen towel. Sprinkle salt all over meat. Rub the meat side with the paste.
- Wrap the now paste-covered pork belly in, Glad Non-Stick Aluminum Foil. Make sure you place the pork belly on the dull side of the foil. Let it chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Roast the pork in the oven for 1 hour.
- Increase heat to 375F. Unwrap the pork belly. Bake for 20 more minutes or until top is golden and crisp.