1¾ cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter, softened
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup sour cream or yogurt
1½ cups mashed bananas
½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with Glad 'n' Bake. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the creamed butter alternately with the mashed banana mixture. Add the dried cranberries and pecans. Blend well.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until done. Cool slightly then remove from pan. Transfer to a cake rack then cool completely.
- Cover tightly with Glad Cling Wrap. Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator. You may also freeze this bread wrapped tightly in Glad Cling Wrap and place in Glad Freezer Zipper Bag, if desired.
- Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – omit the cranberries and add ½ to ¾ cup dark chocolate chips; you may omit the pecans, or substitute it with walnuts
- Rum Raisin Banana Bread – omit the cranberries and pecans then add some rum-soaked raisins (1/2 cup raisins soaked overnight in 2 to 3 tablespoons rum)