1 cup butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
2 large eggs
1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey or light corn syrup
2 1/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with Glad Cook ‘n’ Bake. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light. Add the eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and honey (or light corn syrup). Mix well.
- In another bowl, toss together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to the creamed butter mixture. Add the chocolate chips and walnuts, if desired. Blend well.
- Scoop the cookie dough into balls and place on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until done. Cool completely.
- Store cookies in Glad Ware containers.
Yield: 20 to 22 pieces
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies – omit the nuts and add 1 cup white chocolate chips
- White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies – omit the dark chocolate chips and add 1 to 1½ cups of chopped white chocolate; substitute the walnuts with macadamia nuts
- Butterscotch Cookies – use butterscotch chips instead of the dark chocolate chips; omit the walnuts, if desired