1 whole chicken, about 1.6 to 2 kilograms
2 teaspoons calamansi juice
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon liquid seasoning, or more
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 to 3 pieces of star anise
4 to 6 bay leaves
2 stalks of lemongrass, bruised
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a half sheet pan. Set aside.
- Wash the chicken and pat dry with paper towel. Season chicken with calamansi juice, soy sauce, liquid seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and black pepper. Fill the cavity with star anise, bay leaves, garlic, onions, scallions and lemongrass.
- Lay a sheet of Glad Non-stick Aluminum Foil, about 12 x 24 inches in size, on an aluminum tray. Lay another piece of Glad Non-stick Aluminum Foil (of the same size) over the first one but perpendicular to it. Lay the stuffed chicken over the Glad Non-stick Aluminum Foil and seal both sheets to ensure that no steam will escape. This will keep the chicken moist while roasting.
- Roast for 50 minutes or until almost done. Open the Glad Non-stick Aluminum Foil and increase the oven temperature to 425°F. Roast the chicken for another 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown, and juices come out clear when a knife is inserted into the thickest part of the thigh.
- Remove chicken from the oven and allow chicken to rest for 20 minutes. Remove stuffing and cut into serving pieces. Arrange on a serving platter and pour drippings over the chicken. Serve immediately with steamed rice and pickled vegetables.