1 cup cake flour
¼ tsp salt
½ cup sugar
12 pcs egg whites
¾ cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice/vinegar
2 cups light cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp gelatin, dissolved in ¼ cup hot water
few drops pink food color (optional)
1 cup whipping cream, chilled
¼ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350o F.
- Line the side of a 9″ spring form pan with GLAD Cook ‘n’ Bake approximately 3 inches higher than the pan.
- Sift together flour, salt and sugar 3 times and set aside.
- Fold in dry ingredients in thirds until lump free.
- Pour into prepared pan and smoothen top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Let cool. Slice cake horizontally in the middle.
- To make the cheesecake, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Blend in strawberries, gelatin and food color. Mix well and set aside.
- Beat cream and sugar until double in volume. Fold in cheese mixture.
- Line the side of the same spring form pan with GLAD Cook ‘n’ Bake. Place half of cake inside the pan and pour half of the cheesecake mixture.
- Top with the other cake slice and pour remaining cheesecake mixture over and smoothen top of the cake. Chill until set.